This April, Lenovo teamed with Actian to deliver the powerful Vectorwise Data Mart Appliance, offering a pre-configured software and hardware solution designed to be the most effective data analytics solution for businesses of any size. The Data Mart Appliance combines Lenovo’s industry-leading ThinkServer hardware with Actian’s record-breaking Vectorwise database. By matching smart software with high-performance, affordable hardware, the Data Mart Appliance represents a collaboration of world-class platforms that offers businesses an immediate plug-and-play solution for accessing and analyzing data.
With increasing customer demands for faster performance and a wider variety of appliances, analytics and business intelligence, the combined experience of Vectorwise and Lenovo is the complete package for a data solution in any organization. Engineered to accelerate Big Data project implementations on an enterprise-scale data warehousing solution, the Vectorwise Data Mart Appliance offers:
- Performance: The appliance features the record-breaking Vectorwise database optimized to run on the Lenovo ThinkServer RD240, an ideal workhorse server that provides the capacity and power needed to process large transactions.
- Affordability: Starting at an attractive entry price, the appliance offers low total cost of ownership by eliminating the need for expensive resources to design and tune the system.
- Fast Deployment: The pre-configured appliance can be in production within minutes of being racked, ensuring fast deployment and the shortest time to get action-oriented insight into the hands of business users.
- Compatibility: Compliant with industry standards for SQL, JDBC, ODBC, and .NET support, the Vectorwise Data Mart Appliance operates seamlessly alongside legacy platforms.
- Manageability: Based on industry standard components, the appliance is simple to install and manage using resources and skills readily available in your organization. With built-in web-enabled remote management, the ThinkServer RD240 will easily integrate into existing management infrastructures.
- Energy Efficiency: The ThinkServer RD240’s energy-efficient features and Vectorwise’s Energy Efficiency records make this Data Mart Appliance an ideal solution for customers seeking green alternatives
- Interoperability: The Vectorwise analytic database is certified with commonly-used Business Intelligence tools including IBM Cognos, MicroStrategy, Pentaho, SAP BusinessObjects, Tableau and Yellowfin.